[CentOS] CentOS-7 on a USB stick

Fri Jul 11 00:05:18 UTC 2014
Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net>

Lamar Owen wrote:

>> 1. Why isn't [livecd-iso-to-disk] available on CentOS?

> It's in EPEL.

Apologies.
I see now that it didn't install for other reasons:
-----------------------------
[tim at alfred ~]$ sudo yum install livecd-iso-to-disk
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit, security
epel/metalink
|  24 kB     00:00
 * base: mirror.euserv.net
 * epel: mirror.i3d.net
 * extras: it.centos.contactlab.it
 * rpmforge: nl.mirror.eurid.eu
 * updates: mirrors.prometeus.net
epel
| 3.7 kB     00:00
epel/primary_db
| 2.0 MB     00:03
Error: xz compression not available

I'm not sure what this means, or what I can do about it?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net