[CentOS] dovecot + pigeonhole on CentOS-7

Fri Jul 18 11:56:25 UTC 2014
Timothy Murphy <gayleard at alice.it>

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>> As far as I can see, the current advice is to leave filtering
>> to dovecot, using the dovecot-pigeonhole rpm.
>>
>> I'm wondering if anyone else is doing this?
>> If so, what settings exactly did you use?
>> I haven't been able to find any clear documentation,
>> or rather I have seen widely differing instructions.
>> My brief attempt failed, so if anyone can help
>> I should be very grateful.

> I feel that specific topic is better discussed on the dovecot mailing
> list than here.

Thanks for your response.
I'm sure you are right; I'll re-ask the question on the dovecot list.
The reason I asked here was that I was not sure how specific this is
to the CentOS-7 setup.

> How do you have mail delivery configured between Postfix and dovecot?
> Using LDA or LMTP?

I'm not sure - I made no change relevant to this in the given config files -
main.cf and master.cf .
Should I have done?
And how do I tell what is being used?
In any case, the current setup seems to work, since mail is getting through
to ~/Maildir (too much of it).

> How is dovecot configured? -> doveconf -n

I made no change at all to dovecot.conf as supplied in CentOS-7.

> Did you enable sieve at all in your dovecot configuration?

No - that was my question, how should one do that?
As I said, I have read widely different suggestions on the web.

But I will move my query to the dovecot mailing list, as you suggest.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net