[CentOS] CentOS 6.5 install

Tue Mar 4 20:36:09 UTC 2014

Kenny Noe wrote:
> Thanks again to all the replies...
>
> If we purchased a "true" HP RAID HW controller, like the P222 512mb FBWC
> or P420 1GB FBWC, would this work?  I've read online that folks are having
> troubles with getting drives recognized in CentOS.
>
> Also HP states the fakeraid driver is available for RedHat Linux 6 but not
> CentOS.   Has anyone installed this? Thoughts / Comments?

It will work. Worst case scenario is: on Dells, trying to run OMSA on a
running system, if /etc/issue (!) says that it's redhat santiago whatever,
it runs. Some idiot put that check in (even though their bootable ISOs are
CentOS).

Several years ago, I was introduced to self-abuse (that is, tech support
from a company which shall remain nameless, but who *must* keep their
profits up to pay for their CEO's fighter jet, and Hawaiian island,
and....) The first engineer I spoke with got huffy, telling me they
"didn't support CentOS", etc. I got them to give me another engineer (and
another, and another....)

So it should be perfectly fine to run their driver.

         mark