[CentOS] CentOS 6.5 install

Wed Mar 5 14:35:10 UTC 2014
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

On Tue, March 4, 2014 19:00, Kenny Noe wrote:
> Mark,
>
> My apologies for your frustration....  However I don't see a way to
> "bottom" post my replies.  FYI...  I'm using gmail.
>
> Respectfully   --Kenny

The top-post controversy B.S. is an affectation of the technocratii.   Most
business correspondence, in other words the vast majority of written
communication, uses top post responses because that makes more sense in basic
communication between two correspondents.  It is hardly surprising then that
most business communication software does exactly that.

Technical mailing lists members generally prefer bottom posting because it
allows casual readers to re-establish often complex contexts in the middle of
an exchange when such are interleaved with multiple complex discussion
threads.  But, the amount of correspondence delivered through mailing lists is
vanishingly small when compared to the total volume of written electronic
communication.

Thus, in the grand scheme of things, I categorise complainants about top
posting with the same class of people that want the fork on the right and the
knife on the left, or vice versa; in other words, too trivial to matter and
not worth bothering about.

That said, it does make sense to follow the bottom post convention on mailing
list discussions because it does aid readers in following the discussion
thread and thus increases the likely hood of a meaningful response.  Think of
it in terms of a television serial that begins with:  Last time on X we left
our heroes .  .  .

Canada  L8E 3C3