[CentOS] How do graphical admin tools requiring root get authentication?

Mon Mar 17 18:22:22 UTC 2014
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 1:01 PM, Samuel Winchenbach <swinchen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well it turns out I didn't test all of the applications using x2go, only
> the one that didn't work (Firewall).   All of the others seem to work fine.
>  Perhaps I will suggest x2go, but I am still quite aggravated I can't
> figure out the xrdp problem :P

It probably relates somehow to not having an x11-display or device in
your ck-list-sessions. And you might be able to bypass it with
something under /etc/polkit-1/ that lets all users or those in a group
run the commands without a password prompt.   But there is always
brute force...  su to root in a terminal window and type the command
instead of picking it from the menu.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com