[CentOS] Terminal settings

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Mon May 5 19:21:24 UTC 2014

Nathan Duehr wrote:

> On May 5, 2014, at 1:06 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>
>> Hey, you puttin' down zmodem, man? The only one that picked up, if you
>> lost the connection, from where it was, rather than starting new? Only
>> rsync is that good....
>> <snip>
>> The nerve of some people, puttin' down perfectly good software....
>>
>>        mark "that's right, when I get the 5.25" floppy drive working,
>>               to go through all my old ones, I need to copy Brief...."
>
> No way man... ZModem rocks. :-)  Heck of a lot easier than remembering how
> to stuff a binary through uuencode so you can pipe the thing back to your
> console to grab a file over telnet!  LOL!

Never used the uuencode routine - I zipped it first. But I did have to
retire my modem - it was a 56k... but an IDE interface. I'm just worried
'bout my next m/b upgrade (in five years or so, just did it the beginning
of the year), because I've got a perfectly good big flatbed scanner...
SCSI, pci card.

THEY do try to lock down the 'Net... there was a Net before there was a
Web, and a *lot* of it was servers (sorry, minicomputers) dialing each
other up every hour or day.... The joys of the original design specs for
the 'Net.

        mark