[CentOS] Large file system idea

Steve Thompson smt at vgersoft.com
Sun May 18 15:47:58 UTC 2014

On Sun, 18 May 2014, Andrew Holway wrote:

> Have you looked at parallel filesystems such as Lustre and fhgfs?

I have not looked at Lustre, as I have heard many negative things about it
(including Oracle ownership). The only business using Lustre where I know
the admins has had a lot of trouble with it. No redundancy.

Fhgfs looks interesting, and I am planning on looking at it, but have
not yet done so.

MooseFS and GlusterFS have both been evaluated, and were too slow. In the
case of GlusterFS, waaaay too slow.

Steve