[CentOS] kvm libvirt vms import

Mon May 5 10:58:19 UTC 2014
Alessandro Baggi <alessandro.baggi at gmail.com>

Hi there,
I'm new to Centos. I've installed version 6.5 x86_64. I'm coming from
slackware/debian utilizzation environment. I'm trying to setup libvirt
and qemu-kvm, but I have some problems.

I've different vms (2 centos, 2 slackware, 3 Debian) and I'm trying to
import all of them.
I want prefix that all of them was created from debian host and vdisk
had bus=sata and format=qcow2.

Importing debian I've no problem with the following command:

# virt-install -n DEB -r 1024 --vcpus=2 --accelerate --os-type=linux
--os-variant=debianwheezy --disk
path=/path/to/deb.img,format=qcow2,bus=ide,cache=writeback --import
--network=bridge:br0 --vnc -v

It starts and works fine.

Importing Centos 6.5 with the following command:

# virt-install -n CENT1 -r 1024 --vcpus=2 --os-type=linux
--os-variant=rhel6 --accelerate --disk
path=/path/to/cent.img,format=qcow2,bus=ide,cache=writeback --import
--network=bridge:br0 --vnc -v

return an error:

Starting install...
ERROR    errore interno Process exited while reading console log output:
char device redirected to /dev/pts/3
qemu-kvm: -drive
file=/mnt/dati/qemu-system/CENTOS1/cent.img,if=none,id=drive-ide0-0-0,format=qcow2,cache=writeback:
'drive-ide0-0-0' uses a qcow2 feature which is not supported by this
qemu version: QCOW version 3
qemu-kvm: -drive
file=/mnt/dati/qemu-system/CENTOS1/cent.img,if=none,id=drive-ide0-0-0,format=qcow2,cache=writeback:
could not open disk image /mnt/dati/qemu-system/CENTOS1/cent.img:
Operation not supported

Domain installation does not appear to have been successful.

I've tried also to remove disk options and set to virtio,scsi. It starts
but says "no bootable disk".

The same happens with slackware 14.1 without --os-type and --os-variant.

Always, trying delete cent.img and recreate it, all works with the same
option (but is not so good, because I must reinstall all).

On my new centos installation I have qemu-kvm-0.12.1.2, on the last
Slackware system I had qemu-1.7.0 and on Debian 1.1.2+dfsg-6+deb7u2.

I've also tried to reimport them on another system with Slackware and
have no problem.

Maybe there is a problem with version of qemu-kvm tools or some problem
with img. It's possible?

I can't get the real problem. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.