[CentOS] [SOLVED] kvm libvirt vms import

Tue May 6 07:51:34 UTC 2014
Alessandro Baggi <alessandro.baggi at gmail.com>

Hi list,
I've ridden carefully the reported error. Seems to be some features from
qcow2 format image (create with a newer version of qemu-kvm) that can't
be used with qemu version shipped with centos 6.5.

To accomplish my work, I've followed a chain of conversions.
I've copied the image on a guest with a newer version of qemu-kvm and
converted all qcow2 image in a raw format. Then on CentOS, I've
reconverted them in a qcow2 format (this time with supported features)
and I've started them without problems.

At the end:

[qcow2 featured] [conversion qemu 1.7.0] -> [raw] -> [conversion with
centos qemu-img] -> [qcow2 supported].

Solved.