[CentOS] plug in phones, speaker does not mute.

Thu May 8 18:14:28 UTC 2014
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

Hi all!

Using C6 on an Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 motherboard with AMD six core FX6300.
That board uses Realtek ALC892 audio chipset.

For the first time since I got that motherboard I tried plugging in
headphones to the front panel speaker output. I was somewhat displeased
to note that the speakers don't mute when that happens.

I recall seeing info on that in Fedora, but not Centos, and haven't
so far scared up how to troubleshoot it.

I can MANUALLY change the setting in sound preferences, which offers
only two choices: "Analog Output" and "Analog Headphones".

Suggestions will be welcomed!

Fred
                      The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,
                    keeping watch on the wicked and the good.