[CentOS] Error starting Virtual Machine Manager: Failed to contact configuration server

Wed May 14 21:14:24 UTC 2014
Marcelo Roccasalva <marcelo-centos at irrigacion.gov.ar>

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 2:13 PM, Wade Hampton <wadehamptoniv at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just updated and rebooted a VM host server which
> runs CentOS 6.5/x86_64.  After rebooting, I can't start the
> virtual-manager due to the error:
>
> Error starting Virtual Machine Manager: Failed to contact configuration
> server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking
> for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See
> http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ [^] for information. (Details -  1: Failed
> to get connection to session: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-Q6...:
> Connection refused).

I remeber removing some directory from /tmp, maybe
/tmp/orbit-<username> or something like this and reconnecting... Hope
this helps.

--
Marcelo

"¿No será acaso que esta vida moderna está teniendo más de moderna que de
vida?" (Mafalda)