[CentOS] xhost: unable to open display

Tue May 20 15:29:01 UTC 2014
Dan Hyatt <dhyatt at dsgmail.wustl.edu>

On 5/20/2014 9:46 AM, Charles Whitby wrote:
> You running doing the xhost + on the Win8 box and the export DISPLAY on the
> Linux side, right?

There is no xhost command on the windows side.... I have not done this in two years, but as I remember it, the xhost + was done on the console and the export DISPLAY was done in the user profile.  It is the UNIX box exporting the display to allow windows (or another UNIX box) to receive it.

What am I missing.