[CentOS] xhost: unable to open display

Tue May 20 15:37:23 UTC 2014
Charles Whitby <charles.whitby at gmail.com>

I have a Win8 box with Cygwin's XWin Server. I launch it and in the
terminal window that opens I do the xhost + command.

Then I logon to the AIX/Linux host via telnet/ssh client  from my windows
box and do the export DISPLAY=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:0.0 command.  Then if I run
anx-based app (like xclock) from the Win8 box it displays fine on the Win8
box.

Or am I misunderstanding something?