[CentOS] USB / MiFi Mobile broadband devices and CentOS 5 (32-bit)

Frank Cox theatre at melvilletheatre.com
Wed Nov 5 22:15:58 UTC 2014

On Wed, 5 Nov 2014 16:55:18 -0500
Robert Heller wrote:

> Has anyone had any experience with the NetZero Stick?

I have no experience with that MiFI device, but I have used some other brands (including a Huawei e5, which I happen to have on a shelf right here).  All of the devices that I've seen to date work like any standard wireless router.  It shows up as a wireless hotspot that you can connect to with your laptop, phone or whatever device that you happen to have.

You can configure it (password, etc) by logging into it with a web browser; it looks just like any other wireless router.