[CentOS] CentOS-7 re-install

Tony Molloy tony.molloy at ul.ie
Thu Nov 6 15:02:50 UTC 2014

On Thursday 06 November 2014 14:27:31 James B. Byrne wrote:
> On Wed, November 5, 2014 19:41, Richard wrote:

Hi James,

From an old email of mine to the list.

>  >
> Hi Tony
>
> Did you receive an answer to your question ? I didn't see anything
> on the list ! I'm interested too.
>
> Thank you

No but I sorted it out myself. I just took a chance, it was on a test
server anyway ;-)

In the disk partitioning screen you will see the old 6.5 installation.
Clicking on it will bring up the existing 6.5 partitions. Then select
each of the existing partitions and a configuration menu comes up which
allows you to reformat the partition if required. So just don't
reformat the partitions you want to keep .They then become part of the
new 7.0 installation.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Tony

--
Linux nogs.tonyshome.ie 2.6.32-431.23.3.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Jul 31
17:20:51 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Linux nogs.tonyshome.ie 2.6.32-504.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Oct 15
04:27:16 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux