[CentOS] [OT] mail address - centos mail list

Keith Keller kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
Sun Nov 9 01:58:53 UTC 2014

On 2014-11-08, Always Learning <centos at u62.u22.net> wrote:
> If I understand the problem correctly your emails sent out by the Centos
> mailing list (using Mailman) are considered by Google et al to be spam.
> The fundamental reason you believe is be your site's usage of DKIM.

The fundamental reason is because Mailman is rewriting the headers in an
incompatible way.  It is not his site's usage of DKIM.  This is a known
issue with Mailman.  (I used to have a good link explaining the issue,
but can't find it now; if I find it later I'll post it.)

> Why can't your site get a cheap VPS anywhere in the world and route
> outgoing emails, without DKIM, through the VPS ?

It'd be a lot easier just to drop DKIM, but that's a bit pointless.

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us