[CentOS] [OT] mail address - centos mail list

Always Learning centos at u62.u22.net
Sun Nov 9 02:20:14 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-11-08 at 17:42 -0600, Valeri Galtsev wrote:

> On Sat, November 8, 2014 4:02 pm, Always Learning wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 2014-11-07 at 13:01 -0500, James B. Byrne wrote:
> >
> >> The reason that my emails from the CentOS list are marked as spam by
> >> Google is
> >> that our domain employs DKIM and SPF for outgoing SMTP traffic.  The
> >> CentOS
> >> mailing list manager is the stock Mailman package provided with CentOS.
> >> That
> >> version mangles the originator's mail headers and body, thus
> >> invalidating the
> >> DKIM signature.  It then sends the message out as originating under the
> >> original sender's domain but from an unauthorised SMTP server address,
> >> thus
> >> triggering the SPF failure.
> >
> > If I understand the problem correctly your emails sent out by the Centos
> > mailing list (using Mailman) are considered by Google et al to be spam.
> > The fundamental reason you believe is be your site's usage of DKIM.
> >
> > Why can't your site get a cheap VPS anywhere in the world and route
> > outgoing emails, without DKIM, through the VPS ?  Cost in EU is less
> > than GBP 80 per annum (circa EUR 96 p.a.)   It is easy to achieve using
> > Exim.
> >

> But logically that will defeat the whole reason of using DKIM, won't it?

But .... is not his problem that when he sends an email to this mailing
list, Google - when it gets its metaphorical hands on the output from
this mailing list, whilst delivering it to some recipients - declares
his email as spam ?

Everyone knows that when dealing with large organisations (especially
North American ones and their global imitators), one can waste enormous
amounts to time pleading with them to do simple and reasonable things
properly.

He needs a solution. I proposed what I thought was a relatively quick
and cheap solution.

Another solution is for the mailing list to delete all previous headers
on receipt of incoming emails - perhaps that might work ?

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.