[CentOS] Centos7 Net install on HP A1710N fails

Anthony K akcentos at anroet.com
Tue Nov 18 10:41:01 UTC 2014

On 16/11/14 11:16, david wrote:
> Folks:
> I'm at a loss of what to do next, namely
>  - How do I tell Centos that there's a NIC, and how do I configure it?
>
> PS:  There is no GUI, and the command line display is very tiny.
>
> Guidance would be appreciated.

1. Get list of interfaces that are up:
ip l l

Then load the module:
modprobe forcedeth

Then check interface status again to see which has come up (if any):
ip l l

If no interface has come up, post the error on screen (if any), then
check the logs to see if any errors are reported and post them back here
as well.

(not sure if on C7 immediately initiates a DHCP request when the
interface comes up)

Check if interface has an IP address:
ip a l

If no IP address, then request one via DHCP:
dhclient <iface>

Browse the net... Done!

If no DHCP server on network, then set one manually as indicated below:
ip a a 1.1.1.1/24

then bring it up:
ip l set <iface> up

then add a default route: