[CentOS] CentOs 7.0 and reboot failure

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Fri Nov 28 00:50:09 UTC 2014

Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 13:50:17 -0600

On Sun, 23 Nov 2014 13:07:47 -0600
Gregory P. Ennis wrote:

> I also changed the boot level to 5.

Do you mean the runlevel?  If so, are you sure that you changed it correctly?

Centos 7 doesn't use runlevels set in inittab like previous versions did.  I see that fact is actually noted in /etc/inittab, along with the expected way to do it.

Frank,

Yes, you are correct, I changed the run level and not boot level to 5
and did so by using the command :

ln -sf /lib/systemd/system/graphical.target /etc/systemd/system/default.target

Also, I appreciate everybody's input on this, but I am still at a loss
as to how to fix this.  Without being able to reboot, it sure makes the
set up difficult.

Does anyone else have any ideas??

Greg