[CentOS] CROSS-LIST Notice: Changes in EPEL

Wed Nov 5 07:04:32 UTC 2014
Michael Schumacher <michael.schumacher at pamas.de>

Hi,

> TL;DR: There are a large number of orphaned/unmaintained packages in
> EPEL across the 5, 6, and 7 trees. These packages will be removed from
> EPEL unless they are picked up by a packager. Packages that *depend* on
> an orphaned package will be removed as well to ensure repo-closure.

sorry for being so ignorant. I try to figure out what impact that has
on a running system. I expect that this package cannot be updated from
now on, but I hope that nothing catastrophic for an existing
installation happens.

Is that assumption correct?

 best regards
---