[CentOS] Can't get pictures off camera

Sun Nov 9 16:33:33 UTC 2014
Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com>

On Sun, Nov 09, 2014 at 10:46:23AM -0500, Steve Blackwell wrote:
> On Sun, 09 Nov 2014 02:27:33 +0000
> Always Learning <centos at u62.u22.net> wrote:
>

> > On Sat, 2014-11-08 at 17:02 -0500, Steve Blackwell wrote:
> >

> > Silly question perhaps, but as an avid photographer (and having
> > written my own cataloguing and over-printing routines in HTML and
> > PHP), why not simply remove your memory card and plug it in the
> > memory card slot on your desktop or into a USB adaptor ?
> >

> Because I don't have such a memory card slot either in my desktop or a
> USB adapter. I suppose I could go and buy one.

USB memcard holders are pretty cheap--while struggling with my smart phone,
I bought one--don't remember the price.  It might be the quickest way
around this.

(For whatever reason, I'm reminded of the riddle of the man with a boat
that can only carry one of chicken, fox, or grain, and how does he get them
all across--he can't leave chicken and grain or fox and chicken together.
The answer is bring the chicken, come back get the fox, bring chicken back,
bring grain, go back again to bring chicken.  I always thought this was the
classic example of using a simple, inexpensive 3rd party hardware
solution--buy a cat carrier and put the chicken in it.  Then it can't get
the grain and the fox can't get it.)  I digress of course, but the hope is
that it amused some people on this Sunday morning.

I'd already given useless advice, not realizing it was a camera rather than
a phone (my lack of reading, not your lack of explanation.)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6