[CentOS] Can't get pictures off camera

Sun Nov 9 17:06:17 UTC 2014
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 8:33 AM, Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 09, 2014 at 10:46:23AM -0500, Steve Blackwell wrote:

>> Because I don't have such a memory card slot either in my desktop or a
>> USB adapter. I suppose I could go and buy one.
>
> USB memcard holders are pretty cheap--while struggling with my smart phone,
> I bought one--don't remember the price.  It might be the quickest way
> around this.

I agree with this. I used to connect my cameras directly (including
Canon models, but not EOS) but now I use a USB adapter exclusively.
This saves battery of the cameras, or use of a power cable can be
averted.

By the way, you put the camera in PTP mode. Have you tried the mass
storage mode? The PTP mode may be required for operating the camera
but might hamper access to the memory card for mounting.

Akemi