[CentOS] outside ssh connection from two different ISP's

Tue Nov 11 17:44:00 UTC 2014
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 11:32 AM, Frank Cox <theatre at melvilletheatre.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 10:12:58 -0600
> Les Mikesell wrote:
>
>> I think that is a different scenario, though.  Since the subnet
>> addresses are the same for both routers, the OP must only have one
>> NIC
>
> Yes.

Can you tell where the packets are getting lost?   Asymmetric routing
is supposed to work per the IP design, but Red Hat thinks they know
better and breaks it with their default settings:
https://access.redhat.com/solutions/53031

However, I thought that only applied to multiple NICs.   Can you tell
if packets are coming in from the non-default router and the response
sent to the default one?    And if so, can you traceroute to the
address where the connection attempt is originating?

--
    Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com