[CentOS] Not To James B. Byrne

Thu Nov 13 16:25:45 UTC 2014

On Thu, November 13, 2014 8:53 am, Elias Persson wrote:

> On 2014-11-12 22:11, Les Mikesell wrote:
>
>> It's not my problem, it is what his domain says should be done
>> with mail claiming to be from there but isn't..  Your mail system
>> may simply ignore the request, but that doesn't mean it always will
>> or that it is the right thing to do.   And on a more practical
>> note, shouldn't be left as each recipient's problem.   And
>> particularly since it affects mail from yahoo.com and aol.com
>> senders, the long term fix will have to be in the list software
>> (and already is, in the current version).   Meanwhile, the
>> workaround is to not send with a From: address where the domain
>> requests that it not be forwarded.
>>

> It might not be your problem, but a perfectly workable solution is in
> your hands.
>
> Presumably you've already got a filter set up for applying a label to
> list mails. Simply check the "Never mark as spam" box and those mails
> will no longer be misplaced.

I would second that. In general, it is rather discouraging to hear: "hey,
fix that thing on your side. Of course, I can make your mail not go into
my spambox on my side, but I don't care to change anything on my side".
Well if you do care to have someone's e-mail, put some effort in it.
Otherwise, if you don't care that much about that person's e-mail, why
making all that buzz? It's pretty much the same as: if I do care someone
hears understands what I say I do put effort into speaking loud enough and
intelligible enough.

Consider it a point of view of external observer.

Valeri

Valeri Galtsev
Sr System Administrator
University of Chicago