[CentOS] Anyone have a Brother multifunction working on Centos 7?

Tue Nov 18 00:21:10 UTC 2014
Negative <negativebinomial at gmail.com>

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 11:10 AM, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 11/12/2014 10:54 PM, Peter wrote:
> > On 11/13/2014 12:10 PM, Negative wrote:
> >> I have a Brother MFC 7360N, and it is refusing to print.
> > I have a DCP-540CN which is a similar but I think older network printer.
> >  I haven't tried it on CentOS 7 yet, but got it to work with Fedora 18
> > and 19 which are very similar.  I do recall having to create an selinux
> > policy to get it to work, so that may very well be your issue.
> >

> > Peter
>

> Usually it should just work. But you might need to run restorecon -R -v
> /usr after the install to set the SELinux labels correctly.

I've continued to try to get this going, but no luck so far.

I've tried the Brother installer script and it fails to set up the printer,
after complained that I need the 32-bit libraries.  That's from the rpm,
mfc7360nlpr from Brother.

When I try to install glibc.i686, it complains that I need an older
glibc-common, and trying to step back on glibc-common didn't work because
of a bunch of dependencies.  I'm just not sure if it's a good idea to
install the glibc.i686 with nodeps, and see what happens.

I've had no luck setting this up manually. Besides not printing, the
scanner won't work, which is why I want this printer.

The printer had been connected via usb to a Centos 5x machine and just
installed, no problem, scanner and all.