[CentOS] yum-plugin-security

Sat Nov 22 23:10:40 UTC 2014
John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com>

On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 11:41:17PM +0100, Gabriele Pohl wrote:

> I don't like to spend time in creating ugly workarounds..
> and therefore would highly appreciate if the CentOS-Developers
> will add the data to the yum repositories.
> Then I can use Munin to monitor the pending security packages
> also for CentOS as now only for my RHEL machines.

It's not that simple.  Please have a look at the list archives in the
past couple months where this was addressed.  The threads were either
here or on the centos-devel mailing list.

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel

If memory serves the primary factor that is holding this up is a space
requirements issue; the threads can shed more light on it, however.

						John
--
"Which is more believable: In the beginning there was God, who created the
universe, or in the beginning there was nothing, which exploded?"

-- <nog>