[CentOS] CentOS 7 - Installing on software RAID 1

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Sun Oct 5 20:08:58 UTC 2014

This is a follow-up to my thread on only being able to boot off of one
disk when CentOS 7 is installed on software RAID level 1 disks.

I had two problems; Anaconda wouldn't allow a biosboot partition on both
disks, so the partition geometry didn't match the two disks. When I
dropped to shell to use parted to create the partition geometry,
anaconda would crash.

Secondly, as covered in the earlier thread, I could only boot one disk.

I wrote a short tutorial covering how I finally made this work:

https://alteeve.ca/index.php?title=Install_CentOS7_with_Software_RAID_1

TL;DR: Install with a kickstart script (off a PXE server in my case) and
then use 'grub2-install --grub-probe=/dev/null /dev/sda' to install grub
on the non-booting disk.

Cheers

--
Digimer