[CentOS] Systemd Adding Its Own Console To Linux Systems

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed Oct 8 18:25:46 UTC 2014

John R Pierce wrote:

>> Why? In what way am I coming up with new complicated overlays for what
>> we both use, and effectively forcing you to use it?
>>
>> And note that I used the word "forcing" because most organizations of
>> any size are about as likely to*completely*  change o/s's to another
vendor
>> as they are to celebrate May Day by running through the streets in the
>> nude.
>
> I was commenting re your constant complaining that you don't like
> change, therefore its all wrong/bad/whatever.  In YOUR opinion.

First, I refute that - I do not "constantly complain" that I don't like
change; I do have every right to join others, with all of us complaining
that we dislike a significant sweeping change. And, for that matter, most
of us don't have time in our life to join the fedora developer's list, and
argue there long enough and loudly enough to promote change.

> we get it already, give it a rest.    If you want to complain to someone
> for choosing to use systemd or whatever, bitch at Red Hat, not CentOS,
> and certainly not the CentOS user community (this list).

Does this also apply to everyone else on the list complaining? Why single
me out, esp. since I was *not* the OP for this thread.

       mark