[CentOS] [Solved, sort-of...]CentOS 7 does not pick up my atheros wireless

Sun Oct 12 01:54:54 UTC 2014

Greetings list.

I just wanted to follow up with this info for the installation of the CentOS-Plus kernel, as the solution to the issue(s) listed within the subject line.

While I did in fact achieve the ability to utilize my old 54G wireless card on the target system, I have found that use of the "plus" kernel causes OS freezes.

I have gone back to using the basic kernel, which runs flawlessly, with the exception of the lack of ability to run my older Atheros wireless card.

I hope that the kernel becomes more stable in future releases, however for my system, I am unable to use this kernel, since i am running a backup of my production groupware services on one of the kvm guests, and this system needs at least 99% uptime for now.

( I also have all my dev "junk" running on it, and hence it is just a pain to wake up in the middle of the night to do something and find that the system had frozen about 20 minutes after I went to bed, as per the digital clock.)

Thanks for the input, and I will try out the kernel again later.

Respectfully,

Martes G Wigglesworth