[CentOS] drbd

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Sun Oct 12 19:30:06 UTC 2014

On 12/10/14 02:52 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 10/12/2014 9:30 AM, Digimer wrote:
>> I can't speak to backuppc, but I am curious how you're managing the
>> resources. Are you using cman + rgmanager or pacemaker?
>
> strictly manually, with drbdadm and such.   if the primary backup server
> ever fails, I'll bring up the backup by hand.

OK. So what's your start-up procedure? How should things start
automatically then and where exactly is backuppc hanging up? Is it
trying to start before DRBD is Primary?

> On 10/12/2014 9:31 AM, Digimer wrote:
>> What version of DRBD? If you're using a cluster resource manager,
>> which and what version? How is DRBD configured and, if you are using a
>> resource manager, what is it's config?
>
> its the drbd8.3 package from elrepo.

So 8.3.16?

> /etc/drbd.d/global_common.conf:
>
>     global { usage-count no; }
>
>     common {
>              syncer { rate 200M; }
>     }

Is this a 10 Gbps + very fast storage setup? If not, that is probably
*way* too high.

> /etc/drbd.d/main.res:
>
>     resource main {
>
>     protocol C;
>     startup { wfc-timeout 0; degr-wfc-timeout 120; }
>     disk { on-io-error detach; }
>
>     syncer { verify-alg crc32c; }
>
>     on sg1.domain.com {
>              device /dev/drbd0;
>              disk /dev/vg_sg1data/lvdata;
>              meta-disk internal;
>              address 10.5.160.70:7788;
>              }
>
>     on sg2.domain.com {
>              device /dev/drbd0;
>              disk /dev/vg_sg2data/lvcopy;
>              meta-disk internal;
>              address 10.5.160.71:7788;
>              }
>
>     }

What does 'drbdadm dump' show? That will give a better idea of the
actual setup. I'm interested specifically in the start parameters (ie:
become-primary-on, etc).

--
Digimer
access to education?