[CentOS] "No free sectors available" while try to extend logical volumen in a virtual machine running CentOS 6.5

reynierpm at gmail.com reynierpm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 02:25:49 UTC 2014

Uppsss I think this goes more and more advanced all the time but here I go
.... more doubts

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 9:20 PM, Ted Miller <tedlists at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> If I were in your position, I think I would:
> * Create a new, 80GB disk using VMWare

Not problem at all

> * Partition that disk into your /boot and LVM partitions

How I do that out of the box? I mean should I mount that disk in the VM and
partition from there, right?

> * pvcreate
> * vgcreate

Ok, create physical volume and volume group

> * lvcreate the disk structure you want in your new disk, making sure all
> LVs are at least a little bigger than the old ones.

Here I get lost, what structure should I create here? I only have one LV
lv_root you mean create the same and of course bigger than the old one,
right?

> * use dd to copy disks from old drives to corresponding old drives

And here I declare myself complete lost, this is the first time I see this
command and don't know how to use it