[CentOS] umount problem

Tue Oct 7 22:13:50 UTC 2014
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

I've got a usb HD mounted, and it has been mounted since the weekend, and
has been kept busy during that period.

now I"m done with it an want to umount it, but neither umount nor the
on-screen icon (when right-clicked) will let me do it:

it is /dev/sdd1, mounted as /media/seagateusb. when root tries to
umount it we get this:

# umount /media/seagateusb
umount: /media/seagateusb: device is busy.
        (In some cases useful info about processes that use
         the device is found by lsof(8) or fuser(1))

lsof | grep sdd1 gives this:

$ lsof | grep sdd1

jbd2/sdd1 26358      root  cwd       DIR              253,1     4096          2 /
jbd2/sdd1 26358      root  rtd       DIR              253,1     4096          2 /
jbd2/sdd1 26358      root  txt   unknown                                        /proc/26358/exe

lsof | grep /media/seagateusb yields no output.

I know, I could reboot, but I'd just as soon not.

Anybody know what that jbd2/sdd1 stuff is that lsof shows me, or
how to umount it other than a reboot?

thanks!
               Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths;
                     Guide me in your truth and teach me,
                         for you are God my Savior,
                    And my hope is in you all day long.