[CentOS] Off topic - was: Re: Problem with WRT54GL router

Tue Oct 7 18:36:31 UTC 2014
Tom Bishop <bishoptf at gmail.com>

>> Do note that I thought I read that tomato was no longer under development.
>

> the original tomato is not, but it works very well.   The original tomato
> only runs on old school broadcom based WRT54's, not anything newer.
>
> there are a few forks, notably "Shibby" and "Toastman" that are under active
> development, and run on a wider range of routers
>
> http://tomato.groov.pl/
> http://toastmanfirmware.yolasite.com/
>

> --
> john r pierce                                      37N 122W
> somewhere on the middle of the left coast

Yup John's correct, the original is no longer maintained but there are
many forks and some in active development. If you want to stay with
that then you just have to find the one that fits your situation etc.

For most of my friends and clients I have migrated to pfsense on thin
client hardware, makes a great firewall device, fairly small and low
power but lots of options if wanted or needed.

Just my .02 ;)