[CentOS] Centos laptop support

Sat Oct 4 14:28:43 UTC 2014
Emmanuel Noobadmin <centos.admin at gmail.com>

On 10/4/14, Phil Wyett <philwyett at aura-tech-systems.co.uk> wrote:

> My intention is to run CentOS 6.x and VM Windows and any other OS etc.
> After discarding many options I seem to have settled with an eye on a HP
> ProBook 455 G2.
>
> http://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=G6W43EA&opt=ABU&sel=PBNB
>
> This system has legacy BIOS options if you read the manuals and does
> mention linux quite a bit. There is info about Ubuntu and below is a
> link to the laptop on Ubuntu certification site.
>
> http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/hardware/201404-14968/components/
>
> If anyone is running CentOS on this series of laptop, I would very much
> like to hear your experiences!

I don't run C6 on this series but having tried both C6 and C7 on a HP
Touchsmart with AMD/ATI GPU, my suggestion echos others in the thread,
stay away from AMD graphics for laptops. C7 works fine, once I got
proprietary AMD drivers installed and remembered to recompile them
after a kernel version jump.