[CentOS] dont use mail order

Thu Oct 9 04:09:08 UTC 2014
Chris <chris2014 at postbox.xyz>

On 10/02/2014 06:57 AM, Frank Cox wrote:
> I went to Staples and tried booting it on every model of laptop that
> they had in the store.  They all come with Windows 8 installed, and
> for the edification of anyone who doesn't know this (I didn't until
> today) you have to conduct a real song and dance to get to the bios
> settings on one of those things:

I also wanted to make sure that Linux is supported by my new laptop so I
went to the store and booted a live CD. For better hardware support and
newer drivers I didn't choose CentOS but Lubuntu LTS.

Luckily, the first laptop, a Toshiba Satellite L50 booted without any
issues. WIFI was also working so I took that.

I wouldn't use mail order since I've read that there are different
hardware configurations possible, although they're using the same model
name.

--
Gruß,
Christian