[CentOS] CentOS 7 remove items on screen

Tue Oct 7 15:18:08 UTC 2014
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 10/06/2014 04:41 PM, Jitse Klomp wrote:

>> On Mon, 6 Oct 2014 16:53:13 -0400
>> Jerry Geis wrote:
>>
>>> How can I remove the four items on screen?
>>> Applications,
>>> Places
>>> home
>>> trash
>>
>> Mate allows me to remove those things using dconf-editor.  I have check
>> boxes for computer-icon-visible, home-icon-visible, network-icon-visible,
>> trash-icon visible and volumes-visible under org-mate-caja-desktop.
>>
>> The same set of checkboxes are also available under gnome-nautilus-desktop.
>

> Check out gnome-tweak-tool​
> . It allows you to change a lot of 'hidden' options in GNOME.

This is what I do in Gnome or Gnome Classic ... press the Super key (the
Windows button on your key board) and search for tweak ... the
tweak-tool will show up and then you can make many selections of what to
show on the desktop, etc.

I do not think that will work with Mate though, only gnome3 and
gnome3-classic desktops.

The gnome 3 desktop is really not that bad once you get used to it ... I
really like the super key, auto workspaces, and the ability to have the
2nd monitor either move with the workspace or stay on the main
workspace, etc.