[CentOS] CentOS 7 remove items on screen

Wed Oct 8 22:24:17 UTC 2014
Leon Fauster <leonfauster at googlemail.com>

Am 07.10.2014 um 17:18 schrieb Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>:
> On 10/06/2014 04:41 PM, Jitse Klomp wrote:
>>
>>> On Mon, 6 Oct 2014 16:53:13 -0400
>>> Jerry Geis wrote:
>>>

>>> Mate allows me to remove those things using dconf-editor.  I have check
>>> boxes for computer-icon-visible, home-icon-visible, network-icon-visible,
>>> trash-icon visible and volumes-visible under org-mate-caja-desktop.
>>>
>>> The same set of checkboxes are also available under gnome-nautilus-desktop.
>>

>> Check out gnome-tweak-tool​
>> . It allows you to change a lot of 'hidden' options in GNOME.
>
> This is what I do in Gnome or Gnome Classic ... press the Super key (the
> Windows button on your key board) and search for tweak ... the
> tweak-tool will show up and then you can make many selections of what to
> show on the desktop, etc.
>
> I do not think that will work with Mate though, only gnome3 and
> gnome3-classic desktops.

for gnome2 something like:

  gconftool-2 --type bool --set /apps/nautilus/desktop/computer_icon_visible false

will do the job, for Mate (untested):

  dconf write /org/mate/caja/desktop/computer-icon-visible false

other keys home_icon_visible, trash_icon_visible

--
LF