[CentOS] Systemd Adding Its Own Console To Linux Systems

Thu Oct 9 17:13:03 UTC 2014
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 11:51 AM, Steve Clark <sclark at netwolves.com> wrote:

>>> What exactly does that mean - multi seat environments?
>>
>> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/multiseat/
>>
> Ok I read the information. So as I understand it you are going have a
> computer that
> has multiple graphics cards with multiple keyboards and multiple mice
> divided into
> seats. Really?
>
> Where do I buy this computer?

It is much simpler to run remote X sessions over a network for
multiuser access  and probably not much more expensive if you use
older PCs as terminals.  You do have to boot something, but x2go or
freenx/NX are cross platform and have great remote performance.  I'm
surprised no one has made a mini-linux distro that boots straight to
x2go for this purpose, but if they have, I haven't found it.

--
    Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com