[CentOS] CentOS 7 docs, tutorials, etc...

Fri Oct 10 00:29:07 UTC 2014
Cliff Pratt <enkiduonthenet at gmail.com>

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 4:18 AM, Valeri Galtsev <galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu>
wrote:

> On Thu, October 9, 2014 10:08 am, Igal @ getRailo.org wrote:
> >>
> >> Just your humble opinion, but how do you insist and repeat it :-)
> >
> > as for my humble opinion:
> >
> > I've looked into systemd in the past 24 hours and I find it as a
> > refreshing update to Linux, and I welcome the fact that Linux is
> > becoming a little more Windows-like.
> >
> > whatever your opinion about Windows may be -- you can't argue its huge
> > worldwide success and impact.
>
> There you have it!
>
> M$ Windows is the only OS (and I knew quite a few of the past and know
> quite a few of present) whose creators tell you you can not safely run it
> without 3rd part software (anti-virus)...
>
> IMHO this is changing. I recall that before "Code Red" (anyone remember
that?) there was no antivirus worth talking about and no concern about
security as such. The Shellshock exploit probably does two things. Firstly
it raises awareness of many admins as regards security of Linux systems and
it encourages hackers because they realise that there is now (and actually
always has been) a target in Linux systems. It may be Linux's "Code Red".
There are definitely more exploits out there.

Not all Linux admins are security aware, just as many are not backup aware.
Many think that Linux systems are secure by default. Many will "get around
to security" some time.

Cheers,

Cliff