[CentOS] "No free sectors available" while try to extend logical volumen in a virtual machine running CentOS 6.5

Tue Oct 28 18:55:21 UTC 2014
reynierpm at gmail.com <reynierpm at gmail.com>

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 2:17 PM, Robert Nichols <rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net>
wrote:

> The attachment didn't come through, but I can use the file that you posted
> before.  The PV you have is completely used, but restoring this
> configuration
> should get you back to a state where you can try again to extend the VG to
> a new PV.  You can do _all_ of that online -- no need to resort to a live
> CD.  And this time, don't remove or overwrite that new PV until you have
> successfully purged it from the LVM structure.
>
> Updated file attached as LVMconfig.new .  All I have done is comment out
> two blocks of lines referring to "pv1" and change the segment count to "1"
> for lv_root.  You will need to run
>
>     vgcfgrestore -v --file LVMconfig.new vg_devserver
>
> You might want to try it first including the "--test" option to see what
> it is going to do.

Well seem to be not working

# vgcfgrestore -v --file LVMconfig.new vg_devserver --test
File descriptor 7 (pipe:[18995]) leaked on vgcfgrestore invocation. Parent
PID 3790: bash
  TEST MODE: Metadata will NOT be updated and volumes will not be
(de)activated.
  Parse error at byte 81 (line 2): unexpected token
  Couldn't read volume group metadata.
  Restore failed.
    Test mode: Wiping internal cache
    Wiping internal VG cache