[CentOS] "No free sectors available" while try to extend logical volumen in a virtual machine running CentOS 6.5

Tue Oct 28 19:17:37 UTC 2014
Robert Nichols <rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net>

On 10/28/2014 01:58 PM, reynierpm at gmail.com wrote:
> Nevermind I fixed this is the result of running the command in test mode:
>
> # vgcfgrestore -v --file LVMconfig.new vg_devserver --test
> File descriptor 7 (pipe:[18995]) leaked on vgcfgrestore invocation. Parent
> PID 3790: bash
>    TEST MODE: Metadata will NOT be updated and volumes will not be
> (de)activated.
>    /dev/root: read failed after 0 of 4096 at 27522957312: Input/output error
>    /dev/root: read failed after 0 of 4096 at 27523014656: Input/output error
>    Restored volume group vg_devserver
>      Test mode: Wiping internal cache
>      Wiping internal VG cache
>
> Should I go?

That looks good.  I understand the I/O error now.  It is from an attempt to
read from the missing PV.  The one question I have is, "Did you ever resize
the root filesystem?"  I suspect not, since you would have seen errors from
the missing blocks.  If you _did_, then it should be "interesting" trying
to get the filesystem back into its available space.  In any case, fixing
the LVM structure has to come first, so I say go ahead without the "--test"
option.

                 Do NOT delete it.