[CentOS] X2go server on Centos7, any success?

Fri Oct 31 20:37:29 UTC 2014
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 3:21 PM, david <david at daku.org> wrote:

> I have been unable to get X2go to work on a Centos 7 server.  I have tried
> both the out-of-the-box GNOME desktop and the Xfce as well.

It won't work with Gnome.  I believe that is due to the 3d hardware
requirement.   MATE from EPEL works, or KDE if you have that
installed.   Haven't tried Xfce - if it fails, are you sure it would
work from the console?

> the X2go client on Win7 works just fine with my Centos6 and Debian servers.
> I found no way to capture the commentary produced by the X2go client.

I haven't used it that much yet because the windows x2go client has a
conflict with 'synergy' which I run to share the keyboard/mouse with
an adjacent laptop (or sometimes two).   So most of the time I'm still
using NX with freenx on Centos6 hosts.   But without synergy running
it does work with MATE on the host.

--
    Les Mikesell
       lesmikesell at gmail.com