[CentOS] X2go server on Centos7, any success?

Fri Oct 31 21:07:45 UTC 2014
david <david at daku.org>

At 01:37 PM 10/31/2014, you wrote:
>On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 3:21 PM, david <david at daku.org> wrote:
> >
> > I have been unable to get X2go to work on a Centos 7 server.  I have tried
> > both the out-of-the-box GNOME desktop and the Xfce as well.
>
>It won't work with Gnome.  I believe that is due to the 3d hardware
>requirement.   MATE from EPEL works, or KDE if you have that
>installed.   Haven't tried Xfce - if it fails, are you sure it would
>work from the console?
>
> > the X2go client on Win7 works just fine with my Centos6 and Debian servers.
> > I found no way to capture the commentary produced by the X2go client.
>
>I haven't used it that much yet because the windows x2go client has a
>conflict with 'synergy' which I run to share the keyboard/mouse with
>an adjacent laptop (or sometimes two).   So most of the time I'm still
>using NX with freenx on Centos6 hosts.   But without synergy running
>it does work with MATE on the host.
>
>--
>     Les Mikesell
>        lesmikesell at gmail.com

Les:
Xfce works from the VMWare console.

I installed MATE (no errors reported), and the x2go behavior is
unchanged.  The /var/log/messages file states
/usr/bin/x2goruncommand: launching session with Xsession-x2go
mechanism, using STARTUP="mate-session"

so at least 'mate' got used, I think.

David