[CentOS] Centos 7 RAID tutorial?

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Mon Sep 8 02:30:40 UTC 2014

On 9/7/2014 7:19 PM, Dave Stevens wrote:
> I want to set up a new CentOS install using version 7 and would like
> to experiment with various RAID levels. Anyone care to point out a
> tutorial?

how many drives do you have for this experiment?  whats the target
usecase for the file systems on the raid(s)?   whats the level of data
resiliance required by said use case?

Raid only protects against one specific sort of failure, where an entire
disk drive fails.   It doesn't protect against data corruption, or
system failure, or software failure or any other catastrophes.