[CentOS] KVM Remote

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Thu Sep 18 20:06:40 UTC 2014

On 9/18/2014 12:59 PM, Matt wrote:
> Have a few Supermicro based CentOS boxes at remote date center.  Is
> there anyway to do a remote KVM over TCP to them for the case when
> they do not seem to come back after a reboot?

the ones I've used have a full IPMI/KVM on a seperate ethernet
management port.  I believe this is an optional feature, some
motherboards/systems have it, some don't.   I would NOT plug this into
the public internet, rather, I would have a seperate management LAN
whihc you need to access via a VPN or ssh tunnel or something.