[CentOS] Install Centos 6 x86_64 on Dell PowerEdge 2970 and aSSD (hardware probing issues)

John R Pierce

pierce at hogranch.com
Sat Sep 6 21:52:26 UTC 2014

On 9/6/2014 1:53 PM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
> ... I've mentined manufacturers in another reply: tyan, lsi, 3ware, ati...

A few months ago, I had to flash the firmware on a LSI 2008 aka 9211-8i
because I needed the card in "IT" (Initiator Target) mode rather than
"IR" (Integrated Raid), and this requires different firmware AND card
bios.    This was surprisingly difficult to accomplish as the system had
a UEFI BIOS, and on that the LSI logic firmware flasher wouldn't operate
in MSDOS, I had to discover and utilize this bizarro-world known as the
UEFI Shell to run the firmware flash utility.