[CentOS] Minimum RAM for CentOS7

Keith Keller

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
Sun Sep 7 18:08:18 UTC 2014

On 2014-09-07, Oliver Schad <centos at automatic-server.com> wrote:

> With 1 GB RAM everything runs fine. Don't know, what they do with
> more than 512 MB RAM on a text only system during installation ...

Could switch to a different console and bounce on top, if you're
interested.

512MB seems really small these days, so I'm guessing you're using this
as a small appliance box like a NAT router.  Is there a reason you
prefer CentOS over a distro targeted to your application?  If it's a NAT
router, for example, there are a bunch of slim-profile distros which are
designed specifically for NAT routing on a small system.

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us