[CentOS] Apache wakes-up inactive Exim

Les Mikesell

lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 19:03:21 UTC 2014

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 1:41 PM, Always Learning <centos at u62.u22.net> wrote:

>> > Thanks. I learned something new today.
>>
>> Not exactly... Applications that pipe to the sendmail command line
>> program to send messages go back to the dawn of email.   MTAs that
>> replace the 'real' sendmail pretty much have to provide that
>> functionality.
>
> Yes I did learn something new.

Just new to you...

> I started to use Linux, Centos, in desperation to rid myself of Windoze.
> I plunged-in, never learned the theory because of inadequate time. Hence
> I am Always Learning and never falling to be impressed, continuously
> delighted to be rid of M$ and wishing I have ventured into Linux 10+
> years earlier than I did.

If you really want to appreciate the concepts, you should find a unix
manual from the days before X was included.   Back then there were 5
sections where 1 covered the command line programs, 2 covered system
calls, 3 the standard C library, etc.   It was small enough that you
could read and mostly memorize it, especially section 1, in a few
days.  The thing to appreciate is that 30+ years later, even in cloned
versions, those things were designed well enough that pretty much
everything in there still continues to work.

--
    Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com