[CentOS] brother printers VS systemd

Wed Sep 3 22:19:30 UTC 2014
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

I've used Brothers printer driver installer tool to install drivers
on C7 for a DCP7650DN. Cups thinks printing is working fine, but
nothing ever arrives at the printer: the printer remains asleep.

Looking at some of the setup instructions for the brother driver, it
looks as if it wants a symbolic link of /etc/init.d/cups to /etc/init.d/lpd.
neither of those exists in a systemd system, so I'm at somewhat of a loss
regarding what to do.

Or, maybe there's some other problem entirely that I haven't yet stumbled
upon.

Suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance!

Fred
    community.