[CentOS] Upgrade from CentOS 6.x to 7

Wed Sep 10 19:11:11 UTC 2014
Pete Geenhuizen <pete at geenhuizen.net>

Sure, I can umount /usr/local and comment it out of fstab, my comment
was more about the fact that the software confused my configuration more
that than anything else.  But then again it's probably best that they
take the most conservative route and make folks aware of any and all
possible ways that it might fail.

The report also listed a driver for an Ethernet card that was not
supported in CentOS 7 which does make the software useful for
identifying things like that.

All in all I think that it's worthwhile to run the software to see what
it finds so that you can be aware of the types of issues that you might
run into.

I agree that doing an upgrade using this method would be a bit of a last
resort, I might try it just to see how it goes, just for the heck of it,
but ultimately a re-install is best as it get's rid of all the chaff as
well.

--
Unencumbered by the thought process.
  -- Click and Clack the Tappet brothers